Home Insurance

Comprehensive property insurance is an important tool to effectively protect your possessions. The Barton Agency has accommodated the Contoocook, New London, Grantham, and Sunapee communities since 1954. Over the last 60 years, we have expanded our coverage capacity across all of New Hampshire and Vermont. At the Barton Agency, we provide several types of property insurance coverage depending on your individual needs. Some of the specific coverages we offer include:

  • Flood insurance
  • Competitive homeowners insurance
  • Renters insurance
  • Multifamily apartment insurance
  • Condominium insurance

Homeowners Insurance

For most people, their home is the most valuable asset they own. It is also where they keep their memories and their families. Comprehensive homeowners insurance will protect your house, your belongings, and your exposure to personal liability. We will help you determine the appropriate amount of coverage for your house and review if special coverage is needed for special items in your possession.

Renter and Condominium Insurance

Even if you don’t own a house, you still need a policy as your landlord’s or condominium association’s policy does not provide coverage for your belongings or personal liability. Items such as computers and televisions can easily be damaged in the event of a fire or burglary. If these items are not insured, the cost to replace them could be in the thousands.

We know how important it is to fully understand all of the specifics of an insurance plan. We can review your condominium by-laws with you to help determine what is insured by the association and what you need to have covered on your policy. Barton Insurance will work with you to ensure dependable coverage for renters and condominiums. If you have any questions about regulations and statutes, we will be more than happy to answer them for you. Our agents provide renter and condominium insurance throughout all of New Hampshire and Vermont.
Flood Insurance

Flood Insurance

When purchasing homeowners insurance, it is important to understand what is not included within your coverage. A standard home policy does not cover losses that occur as the result of a flood. Whether you live near water or reside in an area deemed low-risk, a minimal investment in flood insurance can far outweigh the potentially devastating effects of flood damage. A few inches of water alone can account for considerable damages to your home.

Landlord Policies

Whether you are renting out a small apartment, a single-family house, or a multiple-unit dwelling, you need a policy designed to cover your rental property investment and your exposure to liability as a landlord. A standard Homeowners policy will not cover your liability once you rent out the premises.

We recommend Personal Umbrella Insurance for all our clients

In the event of a serious claim, the liability limits on your home or auto policy may not be enough. We live in a litigious society with medical costs constantly increasing. An Umbrella policy can protect your assets and livelihood from confiscation in the event of a large judgment against you by providing liability limits beyond what you have on your home and auto policies. A $1,000,000 umbrella policy can cost as little as $150 per year.

At the Barton Agency, we offer a wide range of property insurance policies to protect your property in the event of any situation. We offer more than property insurance throughout all of New Hampshire and Vermont.

We understand how these policies work and will work with you to make sure you have the coverage most appropriate for you and your unique situation.