Commercial Insurance

No matter your profession, at the Barton Agency we want you to feel secure in trusting us with your business coverages. Since 1954, we have provided businesses in the Contoocook and Lake Sunapee regions with extensive commercial insurance plans. Outside of our expanded offices in Contoocook, Grantham, New London, and Sunapee, we also provide coverage throughout all of New Hampshire and Vermont. Some of the commercial insurance coverages we provide include:

  • Bonding
  • Equipment
  • Job Site
  • Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O)
  • General Liability
  • Workers’ Compensation

Because of the complexity involved in commercial insurance, either our office manager, Heidi Currier, or our agency’s president, Ben Barton, will contact you within one business day to gather the information necessary to finish the quotation.

Preferred Documents

In order to effectively provide your business with appropriate coverage, we would appreciate it if you could send us the following information:

  • Your contact Information
  • Property Address
  • Lines of Business Desired
  • Workers’ Compensation
  • Property and Liability
  • Business Owner’s Policy
  • Business Auto Policy

E&O Insurance

Given the commonality of lawsuits in the business world, it is important to protect both yourself and your business. If your business frequently provides advice and/or represents others, E&O insurance is strongly recommended. Professions with E&O insurance include architects, real estate agents, accountants, home inspectors, etc.

E&O insurance is designed to specifically protect your business from lawsuits based on errors, omissions, or neglect. E&O insurance also expands beyond the previously mentioned guidelines. It can also protect you from libel, slander, and breach of contract.

We at the Barton Agency will work with you to provide your organization with an effective E&O insurance policy.

Property & General Liability

Whether you’ve been in business for years or are just starting out, you need insurance in place to cover your building and your equipment. In our litigious society, it is imperative that you have a good liability policy. Our general liability insurance plans will provide you with sufficient coverage in the event of a lawsuit. Depending on your operations, you may need more than one policy to cover your liability exposures. The future of your business depends on your ability to regroup and rebuild after disaster strikes. We will partner with you to put together a package of coverage that best ensures your continued success.

Workers’ Compensation

If you have employees, you are required to carry workers’ compensation coverage. If a workplace accident occurs, workers’ compensation will provide coverage for medical bills and indemnities if the accident results in an employee’s long-term absence. We work with companies that take a proactive approach to workers’ compensation coverage, providing safety classes and loss control services that will help you avoid injuries before they happen.

Business Auto

If you have a vehicle titled to your business, you need a business auto policy. You want to make sure you and your business are adequately covered in the event of an accident. Whether you have a single truck or a fleet of vehicles, we can help you find the right policy at the best price that fits your needs.


When you are asked to provide a bond, turn to us for help. We offer license and permit bonds as well as probate bond services.

We recommend Personal Umbrella Insurance for all our clients

In the event of a serious claim, the liability limits on your home or auto policy may not be enough. We live in a litigious society with medical costs constantly increasing. An Umbrella policy can protect your assets and livelihood from confiscation in the event of a large judgment against you by providing liability limits beyond what you have on your home and auto policies. A $1,000,000 umbrella policy can cost as little as $150 per year.

At the Barton Agency, we offer a wide range of property insurance policies to protect your property in the event of any situation. We offer more than property insurance throughout all of New Hampshire and Vermont.

We understand how these policies work and will work with you to make sure you have the coverage most appropriate for you and your unique situation.